starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brazilian Skinny Guy - English as second language

Default Brazilian Skinny Guy - English as second language

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi, I 24 and live in Brazil, english isn't my first language however I will try to do my best.

Started to train strength just 2 months ago. Currently in progression in press and bench, but I did a reset in squat and dead cause I were not with proper technique. At beginning I did weightlifting squats, second low bar, but now I doing hybrids high bar with a wide stance. Now focused in maintaining the technique instead add weights.

In the first month I trained in a gym front of my house but they announced that will close. So I decided to do my own home gym using a homemade squat/bench stand and chairs as safety bars. It was a tough decision cause I live in 15° floor, but I want to train and find other gym with a rack, close my house and with conditions of openimg time, weekends and holydays is impossible. In Brazil the gyms are focused in bodybuilding and aesthetic, find a power rack or anything similar is difficult.

Height: 1,67m or 5'6"
    Two months ago my bw was ~55kg
    Body Weight: 59kg or ~130lb
    Squat: 62,5kg
    Dead: 80,5kg
    Bench: 54,5kg
    Press: 40,5kg
    Power Clean: 50,5kg

Training 3 days per week, monday wednesday and friday.

Training A:
    Squat 3x5
    Bench 3x5
    Dead 3x5

Training B:
    Squat 3x5
    Press 3x5
    Power Clean 5x3

Diet: I graduating in nutrition, this year is my last and I follow a diet paleo/low carb for 6 months, it's a experiment with myself. Eat protein as much I can, use fat from avocados, cream milk, butter, nuts. My body fat is low in this diet. In the past my weight reached up to 62kg in a hypercaloric high carb diet doing a bodybuilding training, but body fat was the principal net gain.

This is it!

Bem vendo aqui amigo! As pessoas aqui temos muito informacões p'ra voce. Si e posivel post videos of your lifts and many people here will help,

I don't know Portuguese so I'm limited to English. You have made a good start. I hope you find a strength gym as soon as possible. There aren't too many in the US either. I'm part of the gym that is fairly new. We focus on strength.

Thanks all!

Saturday 05.30

I trained calves, abs and did chin ups. I have a ectomorphy body type, think any stimulus can help in the weight gain, so I focused in parts of body that can't disturb the start strength program.
    Standing barbell calf raise: 6x~20(until burn)x50kg
    Hanging leg lift: 3x~20(until fail)
    Chin ups: 3x~10xbw

I did a little circuit. The sequence was: (calves, chins, calves and abs)x3, no rest.

Today I felling delayed muscle soreness on calves, abs, little bit in the lats and the bottom chest.

What you think about this complementary training once per week?

Monday - B

Squat:
    2x5 bar(20,5kg)
    1x5 40kg
    1x3 50kg
    3x5 65kg

Press:
    1x5 bar
    1x5 30,5kg
    3x5 41,5kg

Power Clean: 1x5 bar
    5x3 50,5kg

The last rep of Press was very hard, in the next training will add just 0,5kg(~1lb).

Rest time is around 5 minutes, except for power clean that is 3 minutes.
    Last edited by ilyashin; 06-02-2015 at 05:20 AM.

Hey, I'm Brazilian too, sadly I've been away so long I barely know how to spell in Portuguese. I'll follow the log though.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyMakeLift View Post
    Hey, I'm Brazilian too, sadly I've been away so long I barely know how to spell in Portuguese. I'll follow the log though.
    Nice, great lifts at 16y!

Wednesday - training A

Squat - narrow stance
    2x5 bar
    1x5 40kg
    1x5 50kg
    3x5 70kg

I decided to add more weights and changed the distance cause I felling a hip pain at right proximal femur. Doing a narrow stance is comfortable and can lift more weights than a wide stance.

Bench
    1x5 bar
    1x5 40kg
    3x5 55kg

Deadlift
    1x5 40kg
    1x5 70kg
    1x3 84kg
    1x5 95kg

Hey man, welcome! I lived in Rio for 2 years and I found exactly 2 squat during that time. The gym fees are expensive pra caralho, probably for paying all those private trainers who spot you/lift with you in the machines. The only good thing I can say about gyms there is leotard fashion.

You're doing the right thing making a home gym. If you're serious about this you should invest in a good bar with rotating sleeves. Learn low-bar, post some videos and get form checks. And if you want some further advice: fuck the calf raises

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by sika View Post
    Hey man, welcome! I lived in Rio for 2 years and I found exactly 2 squat during that time. The gym fees are expensive pra caralho, probably for paying all those private trainers who spot you/lift with you in the machines. The only good thing I can say about gyms there is leotard fashion.

You're doing the right thing making a home gym. If you're serious about this you should invest in a good bar with rotating sleeves. Learn low-bar, post some videos and get form checks. And if you want some further advice: fuck the calf raises
    LOL, I in São Paulo. I get a normal bar of 1,8 meter. I hope one day get a set of plates, an olympic bar and a good rack.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast