Hello I am

male
236 Lbs. today
D/L 1 R/M 485 Monday - I think I can get more but wanting to make sure of my form

Squat worked up to 365 X 5 x 3 sets plus some de loading on Wednesday

strict M/P 195 x 3 pushed up 215 for 1

incline Bench 275 x 5 x3 sets(haven't done strict flats in a while as i have been overloading in the smith machine )

I train alone and very early in the morning making it difficult to get a reliable spot to allow me to test my 1 R/M in the squat and Bench so I hope my 5 and 3 R/Ms help.

Any way, thanks to a birthday gift from my kids ( Starting Strength 3rd edition) I have been renewing my interest in strength training. After college I lost interest weight training opting for things like racquetball, volleyball and cardio. I think because I was introduced into weightlifting for football so young and being so strong for a kid (I was putting up better numbers as a senior in high school) that I took what seems like a gift for granted. My hope is to get some guidance helping me reach my "now" potential, whatever it may be.

These are not cold numbers , I have been back training for a few years now but with no real focus ie. 2 months high volume then some 10 week 5x5 programming then 3 month 12,10,8,6, (summer was coming you know). I even added sprint training on the treadmill because a UFC fighter in training wanted some competition, no one told me I was supposed to let him win ( visual.. a 235 pound guy sprinting on a treadmill at 11.5 for 45 seconds for 8 sets felt like an earthquake I was told)

I have been focusing on the core lifts for 4 weeks now with some assistance work thrown in. I don't really have a plan except that I pick a core movement per day doing approx. 18 or 20 total reps in the 75 to 90 % range adding in some assistance work after. I am a total gym rat who must start his day there even if its 10 50% sets stretching and a shower so over training is always an issue for me. I am reading "the Book" and re learning the basics which increases my desire and intensity with every pull or squat. I would like to come up with and follow a real plan that gets me to a level where I feel comfortable in competing in a P/L competition in the near future. Anyone that has walked this mile and can add some insight and/or advice would be appreciated.