starting strength gym

Thread: Belulk's LP

Red face Belulk's LP

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey guys, I've been lifting on and off on the SS program for the past seven to eight months. I took a month off to focus on calisthenics for a military PT test, and following that had an inflamed IT band that kept me away for a few months too. I'm trying to get back to my old lifts, and surpass them.

My previous 5 rep maxes (with the exception of power clean) at a towering height of five feet, five (and a half!) inches and a bodyweight of 187 were as follows:

S:340
    BP:240
    DL:395
    P:155
    PC:185(for 3)

My most recent workout this Tuesday went as follows:

S:315x3x5
    P:135x3x5
    DL:325x1x5

My goals:

S:365x5
    BP:265x5
    P:170x5
    DL:415x5
    PC:200x3

Any and all input on my journey, current lifts, goals, as well as questions, etc. are all more than welcome and appreciated. Thanks guys!
    Last edited by Belulk; 07-29-2015 at 04:53 PM.

Nice. You sound strong. Being a shortie myself, I often worry about my limits. The farther I get into my progression, however, the less I worry and the more I just push and see what I can actually do.

When are you looking to hit those goals? Also are you still at 187bw?

Thanks for the reply, TheMageling. Yes, I'm still hovering around that bodyweight. Ideally I would like to add 10lbs to the squat and deadlift every session, 5lbs for the bench and press, until I'm back where I was at previously. A month tops if I had to set a time limit. I take in around 5000 calories so I don't think it should be a problem shooting right back up to where I was. From there, I'm not sure, hopefully I can keep up the LP until I reach those goals, but if not I'll jump on an intermediate program. As for our height I don't think it limits us at all, and is probably advantageous to us in certain lifts. Ed Coan who is regarded as the best powerlifter of all time was only 5' 6".
    Last edited by Belulk; 07-29-2015 at 08:30 PM.

Nice, I never knew that about Ed Coan! I'm honestly pretty new to lifting in general so I don't know a lot about the "greats."

Good luck, I'll definitely stay tuned to your log to see your progress!

Thanks, man. I'll definitely keep up with your log too!

7/30/2015

S: 325x5x3
    B: 235x5x3
    DL: 330x5x1 (Wasn't feeling a ten pound jump on this today, and my back was hammered from the squats.)

That'll conclude this week's training. I'll post again Sunday!

starting strength coach development program
    Had to work a 12 hour shift today so I wasn't able to train. Hate my job lol.