Age 23 years old
    Height 187cm
    Weight 76kg/168lbs

And my starting lifts:

Squat 40kg/88lbs
    Bench 35kg/77lbs
    Deadlift 50kg/110lbs
    Press 30kg/66lbs
    (Following the book, my first 2 weeks will not include the Clean).

I'm not sure what the rules are on posting images but here is a gallery of my front, back, legs and arms for future comparison. I want to gain a lot of mass and strength.

Welcome. You will gain weight as you follow the program but it will be muscle not fat. So don't worry too much about that. There is no guarantee about body shaping with SS but you will build the base of strength that will make everything else possible. No need for body shots. What is helpful are videos of your lifts from time to time.

PLLAJE Guest

Thank you, I'll bare that in mind. Since I lift solo form checks could help me a lot.

I've read up a lot on SS, and I'm not looking for a bodybuilding program as a beginner. Only want to add some lbs to my body and to the bar for now.
    Last edited by PLLAJE; 09-15-2015 at 11:39 AM.

PLLAJE Guest

Day 1

Squat 40x3x5
    Bench 35x3x5
    Deadlift 50x3x5

Added some chinups since my workout was fairly short (didn't need huge rest times between sets)

Chinups -18x8, -18x6, -18x4

Short rests at these weights mean that you can lift more. That's a good sign.

PLLAJE Guest

I do have some lifting experience but my last gym had no squat racks and only one Barbell, with dumbells up to 30kg. Joined a "busier" but cheaper gym and as long as I go before work its empty!

Never progressed with lifts enough though and couldn't squat or Deadlift effectively.

Welcome. Form checks early and often, especially as a solo lifter. I record almost every squat and deadlift set that I perform. Carson is right that if you train hard and eat right, you will gain weight and size. Carson is wrong in that it will all be muscle, so don't be surprised that along with LBM gain (muscle, bone, joint, tendon, ligament), some fat comes along for the ride.

Only you can ultimately determine where you want to end up, and it takes time, but the novice phase is easy. Eat and keep adding weight to the bar.

Perhaps. I mostly know what happened to me. I lost 6 inches around the waste and gained 0 pounds, but I'm much stronger.

starting strength coach development program
    So you basically did a recomp. This is a skinny guy that wants to get much bigger. Unless he plans on taking steroids, every part of him will grow.