25YO
    6'2"
    237lbs
    S:360 3x5
    D: 315 3x5
    B: 245 3x5
    OHP: 140 3x5
    PC: 190 5x3

Yesterday I signed up for a weightlifting meet at the end of January, no-ballsing myself into re-committing to getting stronger and cutting back on the drinking. I am posting my logs here to help with that effort.

Thursday: 3Dec2015

Squat: 3x5@365lbs, first time hitting this since suffering a stress fracture to the right side of my pubic symphysis in January (thanks college athletics). Felt pretty solid, video @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbQVM6NXG0k
    Press: 3x5@ 145lbs
    Deadlift: 1x5 @ 320lbs
    Chins: 6x5 @ bodyweight probably going to switch to 3-4 max sets. Once I hit 10 reps @ each set i'll invest in a dip belt and start adding weight.

Since I signed up for a meet, I've started to practice the Oly lifts. Hit an easy single on the snatch @160 today. had plenty in the tank. Ankle mobility and general lack of knowledge of the lifts holding me back. Also I was exhausted

stress fracture to the right side of my pubic symphysis
    Now that sounds really painful. I don't envy you. Strong numbers - impressive! Your DL is a little low relative to the squat but I'm sure a few months under the bar will fix that. Great idea to do the meet - keeps you focussed.

Squats look quite good. Get rid of the bucket - you are not reaching full depth right now but you are close. Hip crease has to be below the top of the knee. Knees are coming forward a bit too much at the bottom. You could retract your shoulders a tad more, but you seem to have great shoulder mobility. I'd post the video over at the technique forum for feedback from the experts.

Minor point: for notation, most of us write weight x reps x set but you are free to log any way you want, of course.

Saturday 4Dec2015
    Following Rip's advice when it comes to the Oly lifts. Today was my first heavy day. Worked up to a heavy single snatch @ 190, missed, backed off to 180, crept back up and hit 195, missed 200. Felt good.
    CJ: Now these sucked. Couldn't seem to figure out how to clean and keep my fingers around the bar, so could clean whatever I wanted, but my pinky or ring finger would constantly slip off. Tried to do some front rack work against the pins in the squat rack, but couldn't translate that position to the clean. Gave up with a measly 185 CJ.

Peez -
    Thanks for the advice! The bucket shall disappear on Sunday when I hit it again. I had some back issues coming back from the stress fracture, but have been slowly fixing my issues, can finally deadlift without nerve pain in my lower back.

8dec.
    Skipped Sunday to reset to a Tuesday - Thursday- Friday - sat - so I can have Sunday and Monday off.
    Squat : 370x5x3
    OHP: 147.5 x5x3
    -this felt super solid, hasn't bounced off my chest like this in a while.
    Snatch: an alarming amount of improvement since Friday. Hit an easy single at 205, missed 210, dropped to 200, worked up by 2.5 back to 205.
    Chins: 5x7 or 8. Just did these in between sets of snatches, didn't really jeep track of sets.

Thursday 10dec
    Front squat: heavy set of 5@245. Setting my work weight for next week.
    Bench: 5x3@245, 10x2@ 135 for a good pump because I respond better to a little more bench volume I've found.

C&J: still having trouble with my wrists. Fingers don't like to stay on the bar when coming out of the hole. Did 1x10@135 really focusing on a good rack and keeping my fingers on the bar. Stretching and a narrower grip helped.
    Pull ups: 6x6&@ bodyweight

Welcome. Peez gave some good advice.

Friday 11 December 2015
    Today was snatches on the minute for 15 minutes at 80%, CJ every 90 seconds for 10 singles. Did the snatches at 185, felt pretty solid, missed maybe 3 (all misses were forward).
    Cleans still giving me trouble, did every 90 seconds at 135, really focusing on getting my elbows through and receiving it as far back onto my delts as possible. Finished with bodyweight dips 5x5.

13 Dec 205
    Squats: missed 375. Hard. Backed off and hit 365 for 5x2. Not sure what the problem was. Just couldn't get out of the hole.
    OHP: 5x3@150. Ez-pz
    Deadlift: 5x1@325. I would like to be able to double overhand this, but for now I have to over/under
    Chins: 5x5@ bodyweight

starting strength coach development program
    15 December
    Squat 370x5x3
    Bench 250x5x3
    Snatch, missed 205, backed off to 195, worked up by 2.5 until I missed at 205 again.
    No chins, had to meet the GF at the bar. Finals are done.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast