starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tom's LP Log

Default Tom's LP Log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I've been 'working out' since 15. I started training in September of 2015 - a few months after turning 18. I'm starting this log now - 5.5 months into LP - to keep myself accountable & progressing. I weighed 87lbs when I entered high school, when I left I was 150lbs of empty body-building training. I picked up Starting Strength in August of 2015 and decided to give it a go when I started college in September. I have had many bumps in the road since, however, this program has given me significant boosts in my self-esteem, self-confidence, and my personal image. Currently I am taking the Spring semester off (went to NYU in the Fall) because I must work to pay off my tuition debt before I can transfer to Baruch (much more affordable thankfully). Consequently, I am seeking work (should be starting by next week) & I am focused on my training. With the background info out of the way, I'll start my log with today's lifts.

Current Lifts (02/15/16)

Squat: 255 X 5 X 3
    Bench: 215 X 5 X 3
    DL: 255 X 5 X 3
    Press: 115 X 5 X 3
    Power Clean: N/A (Will begin learning it this Friday)
    Last edited by tjt564; 02-17-2016 at 06:15 PM.

02/17/16

BW: 174lbs
    Squat: 260 X 5 (first set), X 3 (second set), X 4 (third set).
    Bench: 215 X 5 X 3
    DL: 265 X 5 X 1

After failing at 260 & resetting down to 235 a week or two ago I was remarkably disappointed at this showing for my Squat. I didn't sleep well & I had a long call with some difficult people right before my training. I will try 260 again on Friday and will post form checks so I keep myself accountable. I also have to start eating more as I've been stuck in the mid 170's for a while now. Bench felt good, DL was tough but moved well.

Welcome. It's good to start young. Usually Dead numbers are much higher than Squat numbers so don't get discouraged about your squat numbers. Keep up the good work. I remember working my way through college. It was quite challenging but it can be done.

Welcome to the forum, tjt! You've come to the right place, good luck with your training & job hunt! Have a look at the "To be a beast" article by coach Jordan Feigenbaum - Nutrition is important also.

How tall are you?

Good luck with your training - you are on the right track!

Welcome and good luck

Quote Originally Posted by carson View Post
    Welcome. It's good to start young. Usually Dead numbers are much higher than Squat numbers so don't get discouraged about your squat numbers. Keep up the good work. I remember working my way through college. It was quite challenging but it can be done.
    Yeah, for some reason my deadlifts have always been weak but I am trying to change that! And I hear you, it's tough but thankfully I am employed now and working on getting back into school so I can work on my degree. Thanks for the support!

Quote Originally Posted by peez View Post
    Welcome to the forum, tjt! You've come to the right place, good luck with your training & job hunt! Have a look at the "To be a beast" article by coach Jordan Feigenbaum - Nutrition is important also.

How tall are you?
    Finally got hired as a sales-person at Home Depot so it's a start! And this place truly is a gold mine of great info and great people. I'll check out the article now and I'm 5'7-5'8. I just bumped up calories to 4,700 so I can get up to 185-195.

Quote Originally Posted by brkriete View Post
    Good luck with your training - you are on the right track!

Thanks! Hopefully I can get back on track with this Squat!

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Agilic View Post
    Welcome and good luck
    Thank you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast