starting strength gym

Thread: Weight changes

Default Weight changes

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I just started using the app about 2 weeks ago. So far I have had no real issues with it. I do have a few questions though. The default weight increase for squat, power clean, and deadlift is 10 lbs per training session. I read in the book (and on the app) that it is possible for a novice to make increases like this for the first few weeks or so and then the increase should change to 5 lbs per session. My questions are as follows:
    • Does this happen automatically with the app?
    • If so at what point does it happen?

I know that I can change the weight increase manually but was just curious if it was built into the app to happen automatically.

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

Quote Originally Posted by etank View Post
    I just started using the app about 2 weeks ago. So far I have had no real issues with it. I do have a few questions though. The default weight increase for squat, power clean, and deadlift is 10 lbs per training session. I read in the book (and on the app) that it is possible for a novice to make increases like this for the first few weeks or so and then the increase should change to 5 lbs per session. My questions are as follows:
    • Does this happen automatically with the app?
    • If so at what point does it happen?

I know that I can change the weight increase manually but was just curious if it was built into the app to happen automatically.
    Thanks for the feedback. It does not happen automatically. If you have questions about when the best time to do this, please post on the coaches section of the forum.