starting strength gym

Thread: Progress Field

Default Progress Field

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    First, let me start off by saying I really like this app. However the recent change to the progress field isn't providing all the details it previously did. I am on advance novice programming and unless i'm doing 5x3 my numbers are not being shown on the progress bar. For the past month I've been doing one top set of 5 and then 2 back off sets of 5. I don't record the back off sets, just the heavy set and that weight is no longer being shown in progress. Same goes with Bench/Press. I'm doing 3x3 and these weights are no longer being shown on the progress field. Any chance you can restore that functionality?

Thanks,

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

Quote Originally Posted by MAD9692 View Post
    First, let me start off by saying I really like this app. However the recent change to the progress field isn't providing all the details it previously did. I am on advance novice programming and unless i'm doing 5x3 my numbers are not being shown on the progress bar. For the past month I've been doing one top set of 5 and then 2 back off sets of 5. I don't record the back off sets, just the heavy set and that weight is no longer being shown in progress. Same goes with Bench/Press. I'm doing 3x3 and these weights are no longer being shown on the progress field. Any chance you can restore that functionality?

Thanks,
    Hi, are you talking about the progress graph? I'm not sure what you mean by "progress field". I assume you mean that you're not seeing these reflected on the graph, and that's because on the Novice program you'll only see those if you complete at least one workset.

The Advanced novice program is not currently in the app but it is coming soon.

Yes, the progress graph. Up until last week all my reps were reflected on the graph whether or not I did 5 reps or 3 reps. The new updated graph no longer reflects any sets with less than 5 reps.

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

Quote Originally Posted by MAD9692 View Post
    Yes, the progress graph. Up until last week all my reps were reflected on the graph whether or not I did 5 reps or 3 reps. The new updated graph no longer reflects any sets with less than 5 reps.
    So this was actually a bug...it should only show the progress field if you completed your rep range.