starting strength gym

Thread: Hip or back?

Default Hip or back?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Injured myself in December and money was so tight I couldn't afford to see anyone about it. I figured rest and recovery would see it pass. It didn't. Things have got a little better as I can lift light weight it I can't squat. Bending over is stiff but I no longer need to use support. Putting socks and shoes on is no longer a hard task. Heres the main two pain issues I have.

-left hip feels constantly sore. Really deep sore feeling that often makes me think it's an SI issue. It's usually posterior but I will get lateral and anterior pain too. Occasionally the soreness radiates into my groin.

-Standing up and raising my leg straight causes considerable pain. Raising it forward causes the most pain. Almost a spasm after just a few inches off the ground. The pain seems to feel like it's at the top of my hip where the quadratus lumborum attaches. Raising it backwards and outwards is pain free but inwards causes the spasm but at a reduced rate of pain.

Anyone got any ideas?

Leg lift raise is one of the tests the orthopedist used in diagnosing my herniated disc.
    Worth getting checked by a pro. Also had hip pain and this ortho thought it was radiculopathy due to the disc.

I really hope it isn't a herniation. I just read up a bit on it and it's been so long now since the original injury I would need to move on to a chiro or osteopath.

Hard to say over the webz without a good exam of your hip and localization of the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by vanslix View Post
    Hard to say over the webz without a good exam of your hip and localization of the pain.
    Yeah i figured as much. Thought someone might have had something similar.

starting strength coach development program
    I know that wasn't very helpful but your hip and back really need to be put through some various maneuvers to see what causes pain where to get a better idea.