starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Press 2.0 and knee pain

Default Press 2.0 and knee pain

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Now, this issue may be because I have been nursing a case of quadricep tendonitis, but lately when I am pressing, the hip drive has been causing pain behind the knee. Most likely, I am guessing that the locked knees on press are being hyperextended by the hip drive. Anyone ever experienced this?

Why guess? Post a video.

Post a video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “The woman who does not require validation from anyone is the most feared individual on the planet.”
    ― Mohadesa Najumi

Not sure why you would be getting knee pain. I'd suggest playing around with stance a little bit. Hard to tell but your grip appears a little narrow. Wear a belt when you press and focus on getting tight as shit before each rep.

More a question than a comment, as I am not experienced enough to give a critique.

It looks to me like the hip drive and the press are not connected. As if they are two separate actions and not one complete movement. The power does not seem to be getting translated from the hips to the shoulders. How does someone fix this? Is this the tightness in the body that other people are referring to?

Yes, they should be connected, good pick up. Getting tight & a belt will help this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom K View Post
    Not sure why you would be getting knee pain. I'd suggest playing around with stance a little bit. Hard to tell but your grip appears a little narrow. Wear a belt when you press and focus on getting tight as shit before each rep.
    The pain is more focused in the back of my knee. I am almost certain that the pain is coming from the hip drive, putting force on the back of my locked out knees as I quickly lean back.

I will utilize the tips mentioned by everyone such as wearing a belt and "keeping tight." Will post another video tomorrow.

This one was a nut buster for me. Had a little knee pain behind left knee post-workout more than likely due to the failed 3rd rep.

press form check - YouTube
    Last edited by Good Squire; 05-07-2016 at 08:58 PM.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Squire View Post
    This one was a nut buster for me. Had a little knee pain behind left knee post-workout more than likely due to the failed 3rd rep.

press form check - YouTube
    Yeah, that was a grinder. Do your knees hurt when not grinding?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast