starting strength gym

Thread: My first Six Months with Coach Jordan

Default My first Six Months with Coach Jordan

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I thought is was time to share with follow friends in Iron, the progress I've made in the past 6 months under the guidance of Coach Jordan Feigenbaum.

I started with Jordan in November of 2015, just coming off the USAPL 2015 Nationals. I did ok with a second place finish. After this meet I took some time to evaluate the cycle leading up to the Nationals. I realized, as much as I may know about training, having trained for 40 years, I also realized I am limiting my potential and found it difficult to be objective.

I took some time to consider getting a coach. I was not very comfortable turning over the reigns to someone else. Trust became an issue. But I realized that I had to take this step if I intended on achieving my goals.

Enter Coach Jordan, November, 5th 2015.
    Age 59
    bw 153 competing @ 163
    waist 34" -around naval
    1 RM's
    squat - 320
    dl - 360
    bench - 245

One of our first conversations was, 'Jordan I don't like fat'. Jordan's rely, 'You need to gain weight'. My reply was a reluctant, 'ok' .
    We agreed to a hard stop waist @ 35.5.

Current stats
    bw 162
    waist - 35.25 - little fluff

1RM
    squat 386
    dl - 406
    bench - 265 on 3/3/2016. Have since injured left shoulder and haven't bench since 3/10.

Jordan coaches me on programing and diet. If that was all, it would be worth every penny. But Jordan, has become someone I rely on for many other aspects of this sport. Over the 6 months, I suffered some injuries and Jordan provided the emotional support I needed at the time and worked within my physical limitations.

Training an older guy like me has its challenges.

Most of you know Jordan, so I am probably not telling you anything you don't already know about him.

The purpose of me taking the time today is to acknowledge him and the value of a great coach to those who maybe like I was, reluctant to hire one.

As I look ahead to the remaining training calender, I am pretty pumped to see what Jordan and I can accomplish.

We make a pretty good team.

Thank you DR. J

Lou, your progress is impressive over this period. Credit to your hard work and Jordan's smart programming.

Quote Originally Posted by lou t View Post

One of our first conversations was, 'Jordan I don't like fat'. Jordan's rely, 'You need to gain weight'. My reply was a reluctant, 'ok' .
    This is great. Congrats on you progress of late!