starting strength gym

Thread: Questions about transportation and hotels for June SS seminar

Default Questions about transportation and hotels for June SS seminar

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi all,

I'm a international student in US who's currently located in Champaign, IL. I've registered for the June seminar in Wichita Falls. The flight I found for a round trip between Chicago and Wichita Falls cost 300+. Are there any cheaper ways? I'm not familiar with American transportation systems. I didn't find an amtrak stop at Wichita Falls. If I can take train it'll be cheaper and convenient since I'm near the train station in Champaign. I don't have a car, if anybody is going from Illinois to the seminar and willing to share a ride please let me know. I can pay gas and more.

For the hotels, since I come along, is anyone who's also going willing to share a room for the cost? is Baymont Inn the cheapest around?

Also, if anyone lives in Wichita Falls has a room for sublease please let me know. My current lease ends this month and I'm waiting for an application so I can spend my next couple months anywhere around, with a good gym.

Thank you all,
    Yijie

Greyhound

If you can't find a rideshare, it looks like you can get a 19 hour bus ride for just under $100 on Greyhound.

Quote Originally Posted by TKPK View Post
    Greyhound

If you can't find a rideshare, it looks like you can get a 19 hour bus ride for just under $100 on Greyhound.
    Thank you! I forgot to check the bus. I try posting a reply earlier but for some reason it doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Yijie Xu View Post
    I try posting a reply earlier but for some reason it doesn't work.
    Please remember that your post has to be approved. Several reposts will not make this happen faster.

The People's Republic of Boulder, Colorado

When I went to Wichita Falls I was able to find an Air BnB walking distance from the gym for a fraction of the hotel price. Check out Vacation Rentals, Homes, Apartments & Rooms for Rent - Airbnb and search the nearby area.

starting strength coach development program
    Thank you, Sir!