starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift Frequency Adjustment on App

Default Deadlift Frequency Adjustment on App

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I'm still a rank novice and have yet to learn how to power clean, so this question may be premature. The app, as you know, has me deadlifting at every workout when the Workout B power clean option is turned off. If I remember correctly, my previous use of a SS excel spreadsheet had me deadlifting once one week, twice the next. I've also seen recommendations for DL'ing less frequently as weight gets heavier. As I approach a 300 lb DL, I'm wondering if pulling at every workout is too much, and if so, does the app automatically adjust frequency above a certain weight, or is subbing in the power clean the only option besides just skipping workouts.

Thanks,
    Chris

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Riveted View Post
    I'm still a rank novice and have yet to learn how to power clean, so this question may be premature. The app, as you know, has me deadlifting at every workout when the Workout B power clean option is turned off. If I remember correctly, my previous use of a SS excel spreadsheet had me deadlifting once one week, twice the next. I've also seen recommendations for DL'ing less frequently as weight gets heavier. As I approach a 300 lb DL, I'm wondering if pulling at every workout is too much, and if so, does the app automatically adjust frequency above a certain weight, or is subbing in the power clean the only option besides just skipping workouts.

Thanks,
    Chris
    Hi Chris,

The beginners program you should be deadlifting every workout. You might want to ask this question in the training forum. But we are in the process of adding some other novice programs - advanced novice and the "poor recovery" program which swaps out deadlifts for glute ham raise and chinups. But yeah, check in the training forum or the coaches forum as I'm not the guy to ask about programming.