starting strength gym

Thread: HIIT Recomendation

Default HIIT Recomendation

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I'm 5'10" tall, between 205lbs and 208lbs. Neck is 16.5 and waist is between 34" and 36" at the moment. I'm up from 180lbs when I started LP in January. I track my calories using MFP and am using your recommendations in To Be A Beast. Weight gain is on the up, but slowly. Coming in at about 220-240P/350C/100F as of late. I get within 10g of these numbers.

Starting Weights:
    1 Jan 2016:
    SQ: 155x5x3
    OHP:75x5x3
    BN:105x5x3
    PC:115x5x3
    DL:165x5x3

Current Worksets:
    5 August 2016
    SQ: 370x5x3
    OHP: 170x5x3
    BN: 200x5x3
    PC: 185x3x5
    DL: 325x5x3

Should I add in the C2 rower as mentioned on two off days during the week, or sod it things aren't going that bad, or is there not enough information here to make a recommendation? I'm not interested in "a cut" at all... just advice on if the composition and recovery effects of some HIIT would be advisable or inadvisable in your opinion.

I wouldn't consider it until you're at the end of LP- really almost done with it in someone like you. If you were much larger, my answer may be different.

The "much larger" making it a maybe says it all. I'm going to shelf this until intermediate programming and carry on with things as they are. Haven't added in a light day yet so there's LP left I'm hoping.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by kfreeman85 View Post
    The "much larger" making it a maybe says it all. I'm going to shelf this until intermediate programming and carry on with things as they are. Haven't added in a light day yet so there's LP left I'm hoping.

Thank you.
    Copy that. Keep killing it!

I've added a light day and I wanted to know what your recommendation on reduced nutrition on light days/off days might be? Just keep on the macros in TBAB for Muscle GainzZz?

Quote Originally Posted by kfreeman85 View Post
    I've added a light day and I wanted to know what your recommendation on reduced nutrition on light days/off days might be? Just keep on the macros in TBAB for Muscle GainzZz?
    No reason to decrease the macros unless you need to lose weight. Why compromise recovery on days designed to facilitate recovery?

starting strength coach development program
    No good answer to that question!

Thanks again.