starting strength gym

Thread: Pulling Camp in DFW - September 18th

Default Pulling Camp in DFW - September 18th

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I'm back in the Dallas area for a pulling camp. This time at Arlington Strength. Doing the Fall Classic and need a tune up on your pulls? Want to finally learn the power clean? Just starting out? Sign up soon. There are still a few spots open.

Awesome class, Nick. Would highly recommend, great instruction and Q&A. Hope you come back soon for a Squat Camp.

Thanks, Shane! It was good working with you. I'll definitely be back.

I enjoyed the DL/PC camp, picked up essential basic information plus feedback from other participants. The critiquing of individual participants is extremely important and objective. Long day for me had been awake since 1pm the day before, also did same day round-trip travel from AZ. Nick, as you recommended I have started squats again after about 4 years on leg press. Read SS book, watch SS videos, podcasts, logs so will see how it goes. I felt good that I could do three strict work-sets of 673x3x5 with no bounce on leg-press, I realize that my squats will benefit from that ability. Also power cleans in rack with 45# bar loaded has been much easier as I pull the weight faster from the floor, so jump and shoulder rack makes me feel good. I hope to do the Squat Camp and maybe the Snatch in the future. Perhaps someday SS will have a Phoenix or Tucson Training Camp on a more regular basis. Lastly am optimistic my balance and gait steadiness will improve from Squat, DL, OP and BP training progression.

Thanks for coming namrats. You did a hell of a job with improving during the day. I feel like an ass for thinking you'd have problems with the power clean. I'm glad you very clearly proved me wrong.

Nick- Many thanks for the great Pull camp. Now I can actually do PC's without choking myself - and while I have only done 2 workouts, they went well. The son and I have been knocking them out even though the last 3 don't go up anywhere near as easy as the the first 3...
    While I have a long, long way to go, at least progress is being made - thanks for getting me in the position to make that happen.

I really appreciate your flexibility with the class and even managed to catch my flight to Paris.

I need to somehow carve out some time for another visit to WFAC for another round.

Cheers-
    -jcy-p

PS- I also will be looking forward to any additional camps that you do in the DFW area.

Thanks, jyp! Come up to WFAC anytime. I'll let you know if I'm in your area. It would be cool to check out your setup. I probably won't be back to DFW for a camp until late winter or spring. I'll keep you in the loop.

starting strength coach development program
    Nick-

That would be awesome if you came by for a workout. Be sure and give me enough warning though - I will need to buy some more plates!

Unfortunately, I have a pretty busy schedule, but it may slow down enough in November that I could pull off a visit to WFAC. I was trying to make it up for the Seminar, but it is not looking like it will happen in Dec...

Cheers-
    -jcy-p