starting strength gym

Thread: Information Overload

Default Information Overload

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello Jordan.

This isn't exactly a nutrition question (ha!), but I figured readers other than myself might benefit from your answer. I know you espouse reading "everything" and that is essentially what I am trying to do.

As it happens, reading "everything" can get awfully dull, not to mention time consuming, and seemingly counter productive at times.

How do you stymie staleness without living in ignorance?

Obviously it's difficult to read, listen, and learn or even be exposed to EVERYTHING, but I think trying to stay an avid learner over time makes someone a better learner with respect to efficiency. What I mean by that is the more you read, the better you are at thumbing through things to find "high value" learning resources such as books, articles, journals, forums, podcasts, etc. In the beginning, there's no experience to draw from as far as what is "good" and what is "less useful" so you have to drink from the firehose and get exposed. It's time consuming, sure, but I don't know any short cuts outside of taking someone's word for it, which can be problematic for obvious reasons.

So yea, read everything you can until you can make decisions about what is useful and what is not- particularly from a time economy standpoint.

Obviously it's difficult to read, listen, and learn or even be exposed to EVERYTHING, but I think trying to stay an avid learner over time makes someone a better learner with respect to efficiency. What I mean by that is the more you read, the better you are at thumbing through things to find "high value" learning resources such as books, articles, journals, forums, podcasts, etc. In the beginning, there's no experience to draw from as far as what is "good" and what is "less useful" so you have to drink from the firehose and get exposed. It's time consuming, sure, but I don't know any short cuts outside of taking someone's word for it, which can be problematic for obvious reasons.

So yea, read everything you can until you can make decisions about what is useful and what is not- particularly from a time economy standpoint.

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

For example, I only read one of the two posts from Jordan, as it seemed as though the second contained a good bit of duplicated information.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Nelson View Post
    For example, I only read one of the two posts from Jordan, as it seemed as though the second contained a good bit of duplicated information.
    Haha!