starting strength gym

Thread: Consecutive BCAA Pulses

Default Consecutive BCAA Pulses

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey Jordan,

You recommend BCAAs between meals, but is it beneficial to pulse BCAAs 2+ times in a row if you can't have a meal? So hypothetically if I've hit all my macros by 5pm for some reason, would it make sense to keep taking BCAAs every 1.5 hours between then and when I go to bed? Or if it's been 1.5 hours since my last dose of BCAAs and the only thing I have on hand is more BCAAs.

Thanks for your time.

You could, sure- but it's probably not going to matter much unless you do this ALL THE TIME, but then I'm questioning your eating habits in general.

I'd say my habits are decent, I have my watch set to go off every 1.5 hours and I'll either have a 40g+ protein meal or 5g BCAAs if the last thing I had was a meal. The 'all macros eaten by 5pm' pretty much never happens, but not having a meal at hand 1.5 hours after my BCAAs is more common. Just wanted to make sure taking BCAAs twice in a row still triggers MPS.

There's no difference in eating w/ 3hrs between meals or 5hrs between meals so I don't really see a reason to double dose BCAAs. It's just not that important.