starting strength gym

Thread: Starting Strength made me obese!

Default Starting Strength made me obese!

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Mark,

Starting Strength has been a fantastic resource as I've gotten into lifting. I'm much stronger, more educated, and dare I say manly?

However, yesterday I just realized something else that has happened during this process of getting stronger. According to the Body Mass Index I am obese!
    I'm 6'5" and weigh 254 lbs (when I started training I weighed 212).

Anyway, I'm wearing this as a badge of honor of course. I celebrated with a PR on my squat and stuffing my face with wings and beer afterward. I love "obesity"!

But seriously, thanks for the time and effort in putting out the information you have in regards to training...absolutely fantastic.

...possibly and idea for a new SS t-shirt?

Default Pics or it didn't happen!

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialRider View Post
    Mark,

Starting Strength has been a fantastic resource as I've gotten into lifting. I'm much stronger, more educated, and dare I say manly?

However, yesterday I just realized something else that has happened during this process of getting stronger. According to the Body Mass Index I am obese!
    I'm 6'5" and weigh 254 lbs (when I started training I weighed 212).

Anyway, I'm wearing this as a badge of honor of course. I celebrated with a PR on my squat and stuffing my face with wings and beer afterward. I love "obesity"!

But seriously, thanks for the time and effort in putting out the information you have in regards to training...absolutely fantastic.

...possibly and idea for a new SS t-shirt?
    I would like to see what "obese" looks like after following SS from 212 to 254!