starting strength gym
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: DD's training for life...

Default DD's training for life...

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I have a log over at WBB but I'm more into the S&C than BB.
    Into:
    My names Dusty and I'm currently 190lbs @ 16% BF. I follow a FB three day a week routine. My current stats are these:

Squat: 255x8, 295x1
    Deadlift: 315x5, 375x1
    Bench Press: 175x8, no max

I love squat and deads probably why my bench sucks so much.

Background:

I've been lifting on and off since highschool. More off than on. The last three years I have been religous about working out. Mainly because I'm going to school for exercise science. I have one more semester and I'll be done. I'm taking my CSCS written exam in Oct. Had two broken ring fingers last fall so that set me back for three months. I've been making great progress since.

Current Routine:

BB Bench Press 5x5, Chinups 5x5, SLDL/Lunges 2x8

Squat 5x5, Rows 5x5, OH press 5x5

Power Cleans 6x3, CGBP 4x6, Curls 3x8

Any comments are always welcome!

Workout 7/23/07 @ 8am:

Squat: 255x5x4, 255x6
    *Legs felt great.

One Arm Rows: 95x5x2, 100x5x3
    *Love these, too bad next workout I wont have any more weight to add.

OH Press: 55x5x2, 60x5x3
    *Gettin' close to a set PR. Set last summer...

Bike Ride: 30mins to workout, 30mins home

Notes:
    Great workout. Finally made it in the AM. I knew it would really help my legs. I did the 6th rep on the last set because I didn't feel that worn out. One arm rows felt good too. But that's the heaviest db's at my school gym. And the new gym only goes to 90's. BB rows are coming shortly. OH press felt pretty good too, need to focus on the form. I had taped three sets of squats and two sets of rows. The problem was I've been using the same tape over and over again. This time the time code got messed up and that totally ****s with the edititing software. My squats looked good. No tuck under to be seen. I plan on working on my flexibility some more.

Diet:
    2800 is the goal.

Workout, 7/25/07 @ 7:30am:

BB Bench Press: 175x5x2, 185x5x2, 185x6
    *Felt nice and strong today. Had a spot on the last two sets. On the sixth rep he helped at the sticking point with one finger. No big deal.

Chinups: +10x5, +15x5x4
    *These felt great.

SLDL SS w/ Lunges: 80x6x2
    *Saving my legs.

Notes:
    BB bench press felt great and so did chins. Had my last final today, it was a collage of magazine cutouts. Yes, it's a college course, lol.

Diet:
    Who knows just ate some pizza with my girl. I had a lot of cals left anyway. BUt thats twice this week...

Nice benching and chins. You post over at WBB don't you?

Workout, 7/27/07 @ 2pm:

Power Cleans: 155x3x3, 165x3x3(PR)
    *Getting better, still need to get better at making it one whole movement.

CGBP: 135x6, 135x8x3
    *My chest was still a little sore so I didn't push the issue.

Bicep Curls: 45x6x3, 50x4
    *LOL gotta love the curls for the gurls

50yd Farmers Walk: 80x3
    *Killed my forearms.

Notes:
    I taped all the sets of cleans and two sets of the CGBP. BUT the tape didn't work again. New tape next time. The cleans look good. I was shruging the hell out of the weight. The farmers walks paired with the bicep curls killed my forearms.

Diet:
    Weighed in at 188.5(-2lbs) not too bad. My strength is up so its all good. Probably going to go down another three lbs and see where i'm at BF wise. I figure I'm at ~15% right now. I figured out that I would be at 10% at 177. But i'm not sure I want to cut down to that, we shall see. Shootin' for 2800 again today but ~30g or less of fat. Went a little over board yesterday (3 1/4lber's needed the cals but not the 30g plus of Sat fat, lol).

Workout, 8/1/07 @ 12pm:

BB Bench Press: 175x5, 185x5x3, 185x7(1 Rep PR)
    *Felt good today. I'm really getting a feel for the PL style bench. The same guy was spotting me again. He touched the bar briefly on the 7th rep but then took his hands off as a finished.

Chinups: +15x6, +15x5x3, +15x6
    *Was going to do 4x6, changed my mind to 5x5. Was really feeling it so pushed out one more on the last set. BW PR but not an actual PR, soon very soon.

SLDL/Lunge: 80x6x2
    *No biggie.

Notes:
    Felt great today. Except my road rash on my hand. Ripped it open a few times, oozed a bit. Spent way too long as usual. I learned tons of new core exercises at my new job today so I was sharing with the other trainers at my schools gym. I'm use to it now so no big deal. Obviously shorter the better but I doubt my chatting is really promoting Cortisol realease. So its not that big of a deal. Plus the more people I help, the more potential clients I will have down the road .

Diet:
    Sittin' at 1500cals as of right now (6pm). I'm going to my girls cousin's B-day, tons of food. So who knows how the night will end up.

Andrew:Thanks bro! Yeah bro I do. But I'm not big into the whole BB deal. PMDL was one of the guys that knows his **** over there. So once I heard he started this I jumped over here. Plus I'm more into the S&C anyway.

Nice job on the training.

I look forward for you to stick around, this is a good forum for S&C topics and stuff.

Kyle

Workout, 8/3/07 @ 1pm:

One arm DB Snatch's 45x3x2, 40x3x4
    *Form sucked with the 45's so I lowered the weight.

SS w/

Shoulder Work Wax On/Off, Front Lateral Raises, External/Internal

CGBP: 135x8, 145x8x2
    *Felt good.

ss w/

Bicep Curls: 45x8x3

Bike ride: 10mins to new job, 20mins to workout, 30 mins home
    *I have video of the snatch's and shoulder work. I'll post the link from youtube once it's up. Comments are always welcome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V838OGaYJrU

Notes:
    What a crazy day. Got to my campus gym at 12pm. Started warming up, my 1pm client showed up at 12:20 thinking we met at 12. So I trained her till 1pm. Worked out, 1:35pm my 2pm client showed up and talked with me through my CGBP and Curls. Atleast he's a cool guy. Got a message from my new boss that I have my first client at his studio on Monday and I'll start at his other studio on Tuesday and then Thursday. Things are going my way. I tried one set of Power cleans but it hurt my road rash from Monday's crash, thats why I did the snatch's (also why my left wrist is taped).

Diet:
    Weighed in at 187.5(-1lb), right on track. I'm eating ~2600-2800. Usually the last 300cals or so have been beers .

Kyle: Thanks bro! Yeah I plan on sticking around. I know you and PMDL from WBB and there's too much BS over there sometimes. And I like the fact that I'm here on the ground level.

Workouts have been looking good man. I'll definitely stay on you. The biggest thing I like about this forum is that I feel like I'm learning new stuff again. WBB is good and all that, but I don't feel like there are any great threads anymore.

starting strength coach development program
    Workout, 8/6/07 @ 12pm:

Squats: 255x5x5(Set PR)
    *These were tough. Probably sense I haven't squatted in two weeks.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=nMKuGQ8BaKc
    All Comments welcome!

Ghetto T-Bar Rows: 145x5x2, 155x5x3
    *These felt good. Spotted a kid doing 185x6x3. He pointed out that the weight I was doing was "pretty heavy". I dissagree. Lol.

OH Press: 55x5, 60x5x4
    *Gettin' close to a PR, finally.

Notes:
    This workout took over 1hr30mins. But there was a huge interval between set 2 of GTB and the rest of my workout. I was taking my time cause I wanted to lift with one of other trainers. Then we got into a conversation about lats/pecs strength ratio. Then I told him I wanted to finish and then he joined me for OH press. All in all it was a good workout, just took too long as usual.

Diet:
    2800ish

Andrew: Yeah man I agree. Every once and a while theres a good one. But this place is geared towards what I want.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast