starting strength gym

Thread: Feedback on the new update on Android

Default Feedback on the new update on Android

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Been using the app for a month on my Nexus 6P (Android N). Really like it, but this new version on android something has changed.
    - App keeps on crashing when I open it and I have to reopen it over and over.
    - The timer is a bit unreliable. Seems to stop working when I turn off the screen. For example, when 3 min rest time is up, the timer would still have 120 sec on the clock. However, I would still get a notification to start my next set.
    - Timer for warm up set is not beneficial and I suggest to take this function out.

Other suggestions:
    - perhaps allows users to add their own exercises to the program, such as chins/back extensions, bent over rows etc. I know it's not in the program, but it could be useful for users to track progress on these lifts too. For example, weighted chins.

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

Quote Originally Posted by auditwarrior View Post
    Been using the app for a month on my Nexus 6P (Android N). Really like it, but this new version on android something has changed.
    - App keeps on crashing when I open it and I have to reopen it over and over.
    - The timer is a bit unreliable. Seems to stop working when I turn off the screen. For example, when 3 min rest time is up, the timer would still have 120 sec on the clock. However, I would still get a notification to start my next set.
    - Timer for warm up set is not beneficial and I suggest to take this function out.

Other suggestions:
    - perhaps allows users to add their own exercises to the program, such as chins/back extensions, bent over rows etc. I know it's not in the program, but it could be useful for users to track progress on these lifts too. For example, weighted chins.
    Thanks for the feedback

* app keeps crashing -- unfortunately this has been happening for a while and its a bug in the platform i'm using. They've claimed it will be fixed in their next update.
    * Timer - let me check that, does it keep running even when you go back in to the app?
    * Warmup timer - user has option to remove it in the next update (this week)

One thing I noticed on the new version on android is that when you put in today's training, you can swap workouts independently (bench > press, and deadlifts > cleans) without cycling A>B, but when you input training history after the fact, that isn't an option. It would be nice to have that option back for inputting training after the fact as I do often.

Timer would keep running, but it's not accurate. Think it either stop running when my screen is off or when I switch the app. However, the notification is somewhat accurate. Usually alarm goes off when there's 45 or 60 sec remaining on the correct time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebgolfer View Post
    One thing I noticed on the new version on android is that when you put in today's training, you can swap workouts independently (bench > press, and deadlifts > cleans) without cycling A>B, but when you input training history after the fact, that isn't an option. It would be nice to have that option back for inputting training after the fact as I do often.
    Thanks will get that back in.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by auditwarrior View Post
    Timer would keep running, but it's not accurate. Think it either stop running when my screen is off or when I switch the app. However, the notification is somewhat accurate. Usually alarm goes off when there's 45 or 60 sec remaining on the correct time.
    On android or iOS?