starting strength gym

Thread: Timer Change

Default Timer Change

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello,

I really appreciated some of the more recent changes in the iOS app: the interface is cleaner, and its a little less buggier, but I'm wondering why the timer was changed? I really liked the ease of changing the rest timer quickly between 1-5 minutes, and if you decided you needed a little more time between work sets/warm-up sets you could simply and quickly do that from the timer button instead of having to leave the training screen to change the settings. Am I among a minority who prefers the old timer?

Thanks.

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

Quote Originally Posted by saqadri9c View Post
    Hello,

I really appreciated some of the more recent changes in the iOS app: the interface is cleaner, and its a little less buggier, but I'm wondering why the timer was changed? I really liked the ease of changing the rest timer quickly between 1-5 minutes, and if you decided you needed a little more time between work sets/warm-up sets you could simply and quickly do that from the timer button instead of having to leave the training screen to change the settings. Am I among a minority who prefers the old timer?

Thanks.
    No quite a few people have requested this back in, so will get that back in the next update.

Please change this back! I really love the preset auto timer for my individual lifts but I hate how I can't add a little bit of time here and there or have to restart the timer due to the app crashing.

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Zuzak View Post
    Please change this back! I really love the preset auto timer for my individual lifts but I hate how I can't add a little bit of time here and there or have to restart the timer due to the app crashing.
    I'm rewriting the whole todays training screen to be much better, this will definitely be in. Please bear with me for a couple of weeks.