starting strength gym
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Moving on to Texas (Method) for now

Default Moving on to Texas (Method) for now

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Finished out my latest run at an LP a little while back, went full intermediate a couple weeks ago, but stayed in the starting strength logs til now. Competed in Fall Classic this past weekend so PRs are from that, except power clean and bench.

Stats
    Height: 6'6
    Weight 330 as of Saturday

Lifts
    Squat: 462 lbs (210 kg)
    OHP: 187 lbs (85 kg)
    Deadlift: 466.4 lbs (212 kg)
    Bench: 265 lbs x 3
    Power Clean: 225 x 1

Goals
    1. Get strong as fuck
    2. Compete two or three times a year, life permitting
    3. Maintain about this weight but continue to recomp. To this point, I'm down 15+ lbs from January but my waist is way down, happy with that. Let's keep it going. Care more about body fat percent and numbers lifted than actual bodyweight.

And now some opening videos from the Fall Classic. I went 8/9 on the day, missing my second squat attempt of 210 kg but hitting it on the third attempt.

Squat

Overhead Press

Deadlift

Finally, the first entry of the log, today's training. It's a deload week!

Squat: 325 x 3 x 5
    OHP: 135 x 3 x 5

I like your goal numero uno. That's my goal too

It's a good goal. I'll sit down some time this week and actually try to set 3 month, 6 month, and one year goals, something like that.

You are one big dude with a lot of potential. Nice meeting you Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by allent View Post
    Also, welcome to the Intermediates, where everyone but manveer gets bogged down forever!
    Yeah, welcome to the intermediate section.

Hopefully you don't get stuck here forever, but there's a bit too much truth to Allen's statement. We may not be able to tell you what to do, but we probably have a great deal of advice on what not to do.

Nice to see this log get started!

Quote Originally Posted by kfreeman85 View Post
    Nice to see this log get started!
    You're up next!

Quote Originally Posted by allent View Post
    Dude, someone needs to walk me through step by step how they are getting these videos. Everything I've tried just gives me a black screen with a little "report content" button.
    Also, welcome to the Intermediates, where everyone but manveer gets bogged down forever!
    Honestly, I've found the quickest way to get videos is to upload them to Instagram. It makes it super easy to clip/trim it to the length you want and it compresses it to a reasonable file size. From there, I usually upload it to youtube too. Use the "Insert Video" button to embed it on your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by SpinyNorman View Post
    Yeah, welcome to the intermediate section.

Hopefully you don't get stuck here forever, but there's a bit too much truth to Allen's statement. We may not be able to tell you what to do, but we probably have a great deal of advice on what not to do.
    Ha, of course I'm hoping I don't get stuck. First weeks of Texas method took me from 435 x 5 to 455 x 5 on squat, so hopefully that can keep going. I'll get stuck at some point, everyone does, and advice is much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Cullen Baldwin View Post
    You're up next!
    Yup. Monday!

Quote Originally Posted by Cullen Baldwin View Post
    Honestly, I've found the quickest way to get videos is to upload them to Instagram. It makes it super easy to clip/trim it to the length you want and it compresses it to a reasonable file size. From there, I usually upload it to youtube too. Use the "Insert Video" button to embed it on your posts.
    You guys are making me want to make the cut to IG...

I think Allen is talking about downloading the videos from Amazon Drive (I sent each of you a link). I know these aren't videos my wife shot, but not sure if you had trouble downloading them. Keith and John seem to have pulled them down OK.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by manveer View Post
    I think Allen is talking about downloading the videos from Amazon Drive (I sent each of you a link). I know these aren't videos my wife shot, but not sure if you had trouble downloading them. Keith and John seem to have pulled them down OK.
    Thanks again for those and yeah, I had no problem pulling them down from the Amazon Drive. Also, I had no clue Amazon Drive is a thing until you sent me that link. I pulled the videos down yesterday when I logged in to post the ones I'd already (re)uploaded from IG

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast