starting strength gym

Thread: Novice 48 year old

Default Novice 48 year old

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Male: 220lbs. 5'8". What do I do if I have found that I have reach a weight that I am just able to do the 5 reps 3 sets but can't do more? I have reached 225 on bench and 325 on squat and 295 on dead lift but can't seem to progress on those lifts. I am still slowly progressing on Press: 135 and power clean: 135. I am trying to follow the program to the letter but am not Being successful at putting more weight on the bar every workout.

Welcome. If you are doing the program correctly you may have reached your Linear Progression limit. Why not go check with a certified SS coach and find out? He/she can advise you on what program to follow next or if you are eating properly or are using proper technique. If you live with 1,000 miles of such a coach it is well worth the time and money.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Bowdoin View Post
    Male: 220lbs. 5'8". What do I do if I have found that I have reach a weight that I am just able to do the 5 reps 3 sets but can't do more? I have reached 225 on bench and 325 on squat and 295 on dead lift but can't seem to progress on those lifts. I am still slowly progressing on Press: 135 and power clean: 135. I am trying to follow the program to the letter but am not Being successful at putting more weight on the bar every workout.
    Do you have micro plates?

http://startingstrength.com/resource...ates-sale.html

Quote Originally Posted by FacePalm View Post
    No. I have 5lbs plates and I'm not buying more stuff.
    Last edited by Shawn Bowdoin; 11-19-2016 at 07:51 PM.

Thanks. I think the elephant in the room is diet. However, do we detirmine the success by conplereing the sets of 5 or by a single rep?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Bowdoin View Post
    Thanks. I think the elephant in the room is diet. However, do we detirmine the success by conplereing the sets of 5 or by a single rep?
    5 X 3., Please, go see a Starting Strength Coach.