starting strength gym

Thread: Big thanks to John Janecek

Default Big thanks to John Janecek

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Wanted to take a sec to give a big thank you to John Janacek, strength coach at Longview High School here in Texas. After watching the podcast he did with Mark, I was intrigued and felt like his vision of strength and conditioning aligned well with my own. This is my second year as the strength coach here in Round Rock at Westwood High School and I was in need of some guidance in tying together my core beliefs and utilizing them to design a program for our football team. All I knew is that I did not want to make the mistakes typical of most H.S. strength coaches and wanted to give my guys the best possible chance to be successful and see the fruits of their labor. I sat down with out baseball coach and turned him on to John's way of thinking, and in 7 weeks many of his baseball players saw their squat increase 35lbs. I have implemented his advice with our freshman group during football season, some since summer, and feel that have gotten a solid foundation. We are in the beginning stages of implementing John's methods with our entire football team. I am looking forward to seeing our kids gain size, strength, and confidence. If you are struggling to see improvement in your athletes, give John a call, he's a great man in this field and has a lot to offer. Thanks again John!

Quote Originally Posted by jefwilke View Post
    Wanted to take a sec to give a big thank you to John Janacek, strength coach at Longview High School here in Texas. After watching the podcast he did with Mark, I was intrigued and felt like his vision of strength and conditioning aligned well with my own. This is my second year as the strength coach here in Round Rock at Westwood High School and I was in need of some guidance in tying together my core beliefs and utilizing them to design a program for our football team. All I knew is that I did not want to make the mistakes typical of most H.S. strength coaches and wanted to give my guys the best possible chance to be successful and see the fruits of their labor. I sat down with out baseball coach and turned him on to John's way of thinking, and in 7 weeks many of his baseball players saw their squat increase 35lbs. I have implemented his advice with our freshman group during football season, some since summer, and feel that have gotten a solid foundation. We are in the beginning stages of implementing John's methods with our entire football team. I am looking forward to seeing our kids gain size, strength, and confidence. If you are struggling to see improvement in your athletes, give John a call, he's a great man in this field and has a lot to offer. Thanks again John!
    Appreciate it Coach, keep up the good work! Looking forward to hearing about your kids progress!!