starting strength gym

Thread: Steve's 4Q T2D Trainig Log

Default Steve's 4Q T2D Trainig Log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi, all.

47-year old UK desk jockey in the process of reversing T2D and committed to getting strong.
    6'1" and reached a shameful kitten-weak 300lbs around 6 years ago. Got down to ~275lbs about 5 years ago but got diagnosed with T2D anyway.
    Was on around 60 units of Levemir for a while until starting CrossFit and Paleo. Started 3-monthly TRT (Nebido) due to shockingly low T. Dropped to around 260lbs.
    Stopped CrossFit due to reasons beyond my control and then discovered the keto sub on Reddit. Followed this and dropped to around 230lbs. Completely off the insulin.
    Stopped drinking before last xmas (except a cheeky single malt on special occasions) and incorporated intermittent fasting after following Dr Jason Fung.
    Now ~215lbs and wanting to get really strong to help keep my blood glucose under control without having to fast for prolonged periods.
    Waist size has gone from 46" to 34".

Weaved into all this, I've been fannying around with different exercise protocols. C25K, Jiu Jitsu, ketogains, kickboxing, 5x5.
    Now taking Ron Swanson's advice and just whole-assing SS. ;-)

Picked up SSBBT3 again and have re-joined local spit 'n sawdust strength gym. Starting off light and looking forward to progressing well.
    Got a mate to buddy up with but his better half's about to spawn any day now so don't know when he'll be joining in.

Goals
    Lift a LOT more than I'm currently doing, wake up every day with FBG < 7 mmol/L, sets of 8 chin-ups.

Monday
    Squat 3x5 @ 62.5kg
    Press 3x5 @ 42.5kg
    Deadlift 1x5 @ 82.5kg

Wednesday
    Squat 3x5 @ 65kg
    Bench 3x5 @ 45kg
    Deadlift 1x5 @ 87.5kg (PCs from next week)
    Chins 3x2

Friday
    To follow this afternoon...

Steve

Friday:
    Squat 3x5 @ 67.kg
    Press 3x5 @ 45kg
    Deadlift 1x5 @ 92.5kg
    Chins 3x3