starting strength gym
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My End Justifies My Means

Default My End Justifies My Means

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello all,

My name is Will Kuenzel. I'm a skinny kid, turned athlete, turned collegiate pole vaulter, turned bodybuilder, turned powerlifter. I'm currently training for the APF Summer Heat 3 in Rock Hill, SC on September 8th. I'm looking to total elite in the 220lbs weight class.

My stats:
    height: ~5'10"
    weight: ~230lbs
    bodyfat percentage: halfway to fat

My meet openers and attempts in less than 2 weeks will be:
    Squat:
    1st: 625
    2nd: 675
    3rd: 725
    Bench:
    1st: 455
    2nd: 490
    3rd: 525
    Deadlift:
    1st: 565
    2nd: 605
    3rd: 625

On the perfect day (as if such a thing were possible), going 9-4-9, I'll total 1875. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

As it stands, my openers will put 225lbs on my current best total.

good shit...

nice lifts bro.. and especially at that bodyweight.

Kyle

He's just doing powerlifting as a break from bodybuilding. We all know his tricks.

Jeeminy, Will, that's some good stuff. I'm not a power lifter and don't know how much help I can be to someone that strong.

I will, however, plan on checking in from time to time to see what you're up to.

Halfway to fat, you POS. Saw the vid. You're looking leaner than last month. Of course you're still white.

Those are some impressive opener's.

Are you still lifting heavy leading up to the comp? Or are you doing some active rest?

Matt: Hopefully things can only get better. Thanks for stopping in.

Kyle: Thanks! I'll feel a bit better once I'm officially elite. Until then it's just like doing from shit to suck. I'm getting stronger but I'm not strong... yet.

Isaac: LMAO! You do 2 bodybuilding shows and tell me if you don't need some time off too.

LNTx: Every available eye can sometimes see things others don't. I'm always open to any constructive criticism and can generally explain, within reason, everything I do, but if something comes up, feel free to ask or question. It's always a learning process for us all.

Andrew: I didn't say I was fat but just that I was on my way there. I'll always be white. There is absolutely no way for me to ever get around that. Even sprayed and oiled, I'll still be pale white.

Since I'm almost a week out from my competition, I'm not doing shit. I did some bodyweight crap today. I borrowed a jungle gym from work and just did some pushups and pullups. I did some ab exercises with it as well. Got in a little bit of GPP this morning when I walked the dog but that was just about it. Just resting up and taken it easy.

Quote Originally Posted by ddegroff View Post
    Those are some impressive opener's.

Are you still lifting heavy leading up to the comp? Or are you doing some active rest?
    It's pretty much active rest from here out. I'll do some light work tomorrow and possibly the next but it'll only be about 60-70% for a single or 2. My next 2 scheduled workouts would be my DE days anyway. Next week will be even less. I'll do some form work but it'll mostly just be time spent working on my set up of the lifts. That's the most important thing for me. If I'm not set up properly, the lift will fail.

starting strength coach development program
    I tried uploading my windshield wipers up to strengthmill video site but had some crap errors. I'll try to put more up but until then I do video an exercise or 2 when I can. Especially the one's where I'm showing off.

You can find my videos here if anybody is interested. It helps to in keeping me humble and honest. Can't lie if the video doesn't prove it.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/HomeYield

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast