starting strength gym

Thread: Warm up sets - weight and reps

Exclamation Warm up sets - weight and reps

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Shabu,

Can you please change the warm up sets back to what they were a few weeks ago? I don't like the heavier progression during warm up and now the last warm up before my working set is 2 reps instead of 1. Why was this change made? There seems to be one fewer warm up set as well.

Thanks!

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Zuzak View Post
    Shabu,

Can you please change the warm up sets back to what they were a few weeks ago? I don't like the heavier progression during warm up and now the last warm up before my working set is 2 reps instead of 1. Why was this change made? There seems to be one fewer warm up set as well.

Thanks!
    Hey chuck, actually this was a mistake on my part. The current warmup rep / set scheme is actually correct and is what is in the books.

Could this be made a setting so those of us that like the 6 warmups that end with a single use that? Also, in Practical Programming in the basic program variables the warm-ups shown there do x5 x5 x5 x3 x2 then x1, so maybe it's different in different books or editions (I lent my copy of Starting Strength out so can't check that).

I'm adding an extra warm-up of a single in anyway at the moment as otherwise I'm finding the jump from the last warm-up to my work set seriously difficult - on squats, it's recommending going from 100Kg to 125Kg, so I'm tending to add a single in at 110.

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

Quote Originally Posted by gaz View Post
    Could this be made a setting so those of us that like the 6 warmups that end with a single use that? Also, in Practical Programming in the basic program variables the warm-ups shown there do x5 x5 x5 x3 x2 then x1, so maybe it's different in different books or editions (I lent my copy of Starting Strength out so can't check that).

I'm adding an extra warm-up of a single in anyway at the moment as otherwise I'm finding the jump from the last warm-up to my work set seriously difficult - on squats, it's recommending going from 100Kg to 125Kg, so I'm tending to add a single in at 110.
    I'm using the recommendations from the original book -- so I'm not sure I really want to change that but I will check with Rip and the guys if its ok to do that. Thanks for the feedback.

Are here something new about the last sixth warmup set?

starting strength coach development program
    Deadlift in-app Warmup...doesn't seem in line with book. With a 345# working set, app only shows 3 x 3 for 135#. Huh?