starting strength gym

Thread: Switching from Stronglifts app.

Default Switching from Stronglifts app.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi all,

First off thank you for all the great information you people provide. I own both Starting Strength and Practical Programming for Strength Training and have really benefitted from some videos by Mark Rippetoe demonstrating proper exercise form for the lifts.

I've had some success with another app which I'm sure the folks at Starting Strength will be familiar with: Stronglifts 5*5. Let me preface my question by saying I have no interest in sparking any kind of inter-nicene mudslinging on the merits of SL versus Staring Strength. Clearly I have come here through the SS app and now believe that SS is the way to go.

In all honestly my recovery efforts, particularly calories consumed, have let me down, and I want to rededicate myself to training (NOT exercising) using the full SS model. My question is what weight I should begin SS on? My current stats are (in lbs)

Squat: 209.4
    Press: 99.2
    Bench: 143.3
    Deadlift: 242.5

Any advice is much appreciated.

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

probably post this in one of the other forums where a SS coach can answer.

Thanks Shabu, I did so and received some helpful advice.

On a more germane note, can you tell me if the app will guide me on when to introduce the clean and the assitance exercises into my training? At present I've logged 3 workouts (B, A and then B again) and they've all had deadlifts at the end.

Great app overall by the way. Easy on the eye, responsive and the integration of all the instructional material is very well executed.

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMcD View Post
    Thanks Shabu, I did so and received some helpful advice.

On a more germane note, can you tell me if the app will guide me on when to introduce the clean and the assitance exercises into my training? At present I've logged 3 workouts (B, A and then B again) and they've all had deadlifts at the end.

Great app overall by the way. Easy on the eye, responsive and the integration of all the instructional material is very well executed.
    Yes it will recommend when to do that. Thanks!