starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New app for PP? TM, HLM etc?

Default New app for PP? TM, HLM etc?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Just trying to milk my novice progression for all it's worth but I can see a need for an app to get through the next phases where I'll need more recovery time etc. Any chance of this down the road?

**SS app is the best out there currently!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I use Google Sheets. Smaller and just as practical as a notepad. Plus if you lose your phone your spreadsheet is saved in the cloud. And you can also track your diet, weight, etc.

From my understanding intermediate programming is highly customised to every lifter so an app may never be as flexible as you'd want it to be.

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Rivers View Post
    Just trying to milk my novice progression for all it's worth but I can see a need for an app to get through the next phases where I'll need more recovery time etc. Any chance of this down the road?

**SS app is the best out there currently!

Thanks! appreciate it.

Yes its something I want to do. Right now the app is hard coded for the novice progression, so it makes updating it to do other programs a tad difficult. BUT the good news is I'm overhauling the entire app to make a much nicer and cleaner way to present the todays training which includes re-writing the bits so it should be easier to add new programs. At some point this year, this will be coming.

Quote Originally Posted by kanahan View Post
    I use Google Sheets. Smaller and just as practical as a notepad. Plus if you lose your phone your spreadsheet is saved in the cloud. And you can also track your diet, weight, etc.

From my understanding intermediate programming is highly customised to every lifter so an app may never be as flexible as you'd want it to be.
    Google sheets is how I've done mine in the past too and there's nothing wrong with it, in fact its a great way to make something flexible and customised.

Will you also have the option of modifying the warmup progression too? I've had to tweak the current warmup progression to get the right balance of warming up without adding fatigue.

I use Jefit in the gym, but end up with written logs and post on the SS forums as well for all my training logging. Jefit doesn't allow export of the data, which really sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by shabu View Post
    Thanks! appreciate it.

Yes its something I want to do. Right now the app is hard coded for the novice progression, so it makes updating it to do other programs a tad difficult. BUT the good news is I'm overhauling the entire app to make a much nicer and cleaner way to present the todays training which includes re-writing the bits so it should be easier to add new programs. At some point this year, this will be coming.
    That's excellent to hear. I'm slowly transitioning to HLM or the TM. Trying to milk the most out of my NP so it's currently just squats and press. The others I'm still increasing 3x's/week.

I look forward to the update, keep up the great work!

Quote Originally Posted by schmatt View Post
    Will you also have the option of modifying the warmup progression too? I've had to tweak the current warmup progression to get the right balance of warming up without adding fatigue.
    I haven't thought about it yet...will check with Nick if this is ok.

Just write it down. Pen and paper.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by shabu View Post
    Thanks! appreciate it.

That's great news. Would be interesting how HLM would look like, given it's more of a flexible template than a definite program. App should definitely have provision to create and share customized program templates because past the LP, the path and goals can vary a lot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast