starting strength gym

Thread: Texas Method

Default Texas Method

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I understand how the Texas Method works and you outlined how to setup a routine for pressing and squatting. For pulling, I am not so sure....

Would you reccommend a top set of 5 on the loading day?

If so, then would Friday be a heavier triple in the deadlift? Maybe a max doble of triple in the powerclean?

I guess what I am gettting at is how do you load for deadlifts and cleans successfully after squats on monday and how would Friday look?

Thanks

I get these questions all the time, and they indicate to me a widespread problem: you people are always asking permission instead of forgiveness. Look, try it several ways and see what works best for you, and get in the habit of learning for yourselves. The guidelines in PPST are meant as a starting place, as illustrations of principles, not as a surgical template for everybody's training.

I appreciate that you trust my judgement. But I don't have exclusive jurisdiction over the Texas method, and you may find a better way to do it than I did. What is certain is that you won't if you aren't willing to trust your own judgement, and this means depending on yourself to reason your way through your own training.

Try it several ways, and let me know how it goes.

I understand what you are saying. I have no problem with changing around routines and experimenting to find out what works. My idea was to get a good starting point (one that maybe you have found works well for a lot of people) and work from there to see what works best for me.

Here is my starting point....

M-Heavy DL 1x5
    W-Back Ext x2-3 and bb row/chins 3x5(maybe drop these if energy is low)
    F-Power Clean/Power Snatch for 3x3 or until bar slows

Thanks for the response.