starting strength gym

Thread: Crossfit Scheduling

Default Crossfit Scheduling

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Coach,

I just started going to Crossfit twice a week, and its kicking my a**. I can't help but think, its going to interfere with my strength training.

My goal is to get stronger. What do you recommend to your strength trainees as far as Crossfit goes. Do you recommend it all? How do you schedule it if you do recommend it?

Thanks

If your goal is specifically to get stronger, you need to do strength training. CrossFit is the best general physical preparation (GPP) program in existence, but it is not a strength program in the sense that a linear progression in barbell training is. If your goal is strength, do a strength program until that goal has been achieved, or until you change goals, and then use CrossFit as your intermediate program.

Sorry I should I've been much clearer when I asked the question.

I meant I've added Crossfit two days a week for GPP (I strength train 4 days a week & getting stronger is my goal). I wanted to know if you would discourage this with your own trainees because it would interfere with strength gains. I didn't mean using Crossfit as a replacement, I meant would adding a day or two strictly as GPP be advised?

BTW, thanks for taking the time to answer this twice

That would be fine, just be careful about working into overtraining.