starting strength gym

Thread: Audit events?

Default Audit events?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I haven't found anything searching the archives, so if I missed it, I apologize.
    I am wondering if it is possible to audit Starting Strength events?
    I would like to go to an event, but I am quite a ways from being able to perform the lifts due to multiple issues/injuries, etc. But would like to see them done correctly in person.
    Just wondering.
    Thanks.

Audit spots are available at every seminar. Check in the store under the seminar you are interested in attending to see if there are remaining spots.

Don't see it. Does auditing cost the same as participating?

A limited number of audit spots are available at every seminar.

Click on the seminar you are interested in, eg December 8-10 : Wichita Falls, TX to find the audit link for the date.

Audits are ~ 1/2 (depending on the location) of the cost of the seminar, $495.

Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post
    I haven't found anything searching the archives, so if I missed it, I apologize.
    I am wondering if it is possible to audit Starting Strength events?
    I would like to go to an event, but I am quite a ways from being able to perform the lifts due to multiple issues/injuries, etc. But would like to see them done correctly in person.
    Just wondering.
    Thanks.
    Don't necessarily sell yourself short on your ability to perform the lifts. A mere two weeks prior to a seminar some years back, a 40 year old complex tear of the medial and lateral meniscus flared up unexpectedly. As in, my knee collapsed under me while crossing the street going to work one morning. I had already plunked down the money and was in despair, but Rip pointed out that the seminar was not intended to have it's participants under really heavy loads, just ones that could be handled so as to get a chance to learn the form. So I went anyway and while it was a little scary and not entirely pain free, I even managed to squat to below parallel.

YMMV, of course since your injuries may be more serious than mine was.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    YMMV, of course since your injuries may be more serious than mine was.
    Right.

We don't really have enough to go on, Outstanding. You might do better to get some coaching and assessment directly rather than spring for an audit where you just watch. Have you looked to see if there are coaches close enough for you to do this? If not try looking at the Starting Strength Coach listing.