starting strength gym

Thread: No spotter or power cage

Default No spotter or power cage

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I can't find a workout partner and no gym around me has a power cage. Will you be my workout partner?

Actually I'm just curious, given a squat rack and bench press station, how can I still hit failure without getting stuck in the bottom position?

I currently have memberships available for a reasonable monthly fee. But if you have to squat heavy alone with stands, you'll have to learn to dump the bar behind you safely. This means that you will have to practice it before you have to do it the first time, and you'll have to fix up the platform area so that you do not destroy anything that does not belong to you. Best to squat under these circumstances with bumper plates.

I take it you wouldn't recommend the smith machine? Earlier I figured that I shouldn't even mention it, but I'm mentioning it now.

You shouldn't have mentioned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You shouldn't have mentioned it.
    I've read a lot about stabilizers and I didn't see anything that was a must in free weight squatting vs. smith machine squatting? What else is there?(I ask in a non sarcastic manner)

starting strength coach development program
    You don't actually see the difference between having the load stabilized for you in two of the three axes in which it can move?