starting strength gym

Thread: Useful Tool(s) for Anyone Training with RPE

Default Useful Tool(s) for Anyone Training with RPE

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    If you don't already know, there are a bunch of free tools on the RTS website. You can log your training, use TRAC if you want, and now run reports on your training data. The reports tool came out today - just playing around with them now, but they're pretty cool especially if you're a data nerd. All of this is under the Apps tab once you log in.

You can do a review of your training block, get e1RM trends plotted, number of lifts, average RPE, tonnage plus a whole bunch of other metrics.

I'm sure there will be some articles coming out about the reports here shortly. Just thought this might be useful for some of you since there are quite a few people training with RPE here.

More info: Instagram
    Last edited by manveer; 02-15-2017 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    Does Mike T use this data to refine his own models for programming? It seems like he would.

I'm hoping he publishes his data and ideas at some point. He's out-science-d most of the exercise science folks.
    I'm sure he does put all of this data aggregated in the training log app to good use.

He said he was going to put out a description of what the strategies are for different training groups in Guided Programming. Been talking about it for a little while now. Might provide some insight into how he thinks and refines programs as well as how they are matched to different lifter responses.

Cool. He mentioned new features were coming earlier this week in the Project Momentum Facebook group. He also mentioned they were working on some offline capabilities, which to me implies smartphone app.

Offline capabilities might mean being able to download e1RM history in case you need to reference for workouts where you don't have internet access. Or it could be an app...haven't heard about that yet.

How effective is TRAC? Has it ever told you to do more or less work when you either didn't have it or felt like you had so much more in the tank?

Quote Originally Posted by marcf View Post
    How effective is TRAC? Has it ever told you to do more or less work when you either didn't have it or felt like you had so much more in the tank?
    Usually TRAC tells me to just continue as normal. When I feel beat down it usually does tell me to reduce volume. When I feel fresh it tells me to increase volume. As far as having more in the tank, if I'm hitting my RPEs for the day then I'm hitting the right weights based on my readiness that day. If my target x1 @8 weight actually feels like @7, I go up. If it feels like @9, the work following that is lighter.

TRAC is more about managing fatigue over the longer term so it'll bump your volume a little bit up or down if you're getting too little or too much stress.

It works pretty well IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by manveer View Post
    Usually TRAC tells me to just continue as normal. When I feel beat down it usually does tell me to reduce volume. When I feel fresh it tells me to increase volume. As far as having more in the tank, if I'm hitting my RPEs for the day then I'm hitting the right weights based on my readiness that day. If my target x1 @8 weight actually feels like @7, I go up. If it feels like @9, the work following that is lighter.

TRAC is more about managing fatigue over the longer term so it'll bump your volume a little bit up or down if you're getting too little or too much stress.

It works pretty well IMO.
    That's really cool. Thanks for sharing this info--I thought those tools were all premium access only. I created a profile today.

Quote Originally Posted by manveer View Post
    Offline capabilities might mean being able to download e1RM history in case you need to reference for workouts where you don't have internet access.
    Could be. That appears to be what the travel report is as best as I can tell.

starting strength coach development program