starting strength gym

Thread: Resting pelvic tilt

Default Resting pelvic tilt

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Could the past 2 years of barbell training have changed my resting/standing pelvic tilt at 37?

I ask because my back belt loop now stands at a 45degree angle to horizontal, and I have a new crease in the top of my belt where it bunches up there because of the presumably new angle. I had chalked it up to putting 15+ pounds on my ass and thighs, but a passing discussion with someone who is a massage therapist suggested that my resting pelvic tilt might have changed which made me curious.

And since the coach has a reputation for spotting morphological changes like minor femur length discrepancies after watching a single set, I thought, "Hey he's the guy to ask."

Follow question would be if yes, could there be any negative aspects to this change? Should I be adding ab/hip flexor work to balance it?

Extra, possibly irrelevant data: A decade ago, I did the Army PT standard amount of sit ups and such for 4 years.

Your pelvic tilt could have changed, but it's far more likely that your pants fit differently on your hips due to the change in mass of your glutes, lower erectors, and your anterior proximal thighs.

Serack, you are likely the last to know how much your hips, glutes, etc has changed. Ask your significant other ( I really do not like that term), do not trust the mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGun View Post
    Serack, you are likely the last to know how much your hips, glutes, etc has changed. Ask your significant other ( I really do not like that term), do not trust the mirror.

I noticed the change when I noticed the new crease in the back of my 14 year old leather belt, and tried to evaluate why it happened. I then pointed it out to her and she concurred and even bragged about it to the in-laws but thinks I'm expending too much energy on the things that made the change and doesn't value it much other than to comment on it positively.

She likes the guns better, so she'd prefer I did more upper body work. Plus there's the effort I've put into my nutrition, the resultant weight gain, loss of abs, and having to replace my entire jean drawer to accommodate my thighs. But I told her I'm prioritizing picking up really heavy stuff for now, which means the BBT and caloric surplus continues.