starting strength gym

Thread: Supercompensation curiosity

Default Supercompensation curiosity

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    First I'd like to thank you for the excellent books. I wish that they were a required reading for everyone that teaches weight training at any level.

I understand that many of the figures in PPST are meant to be descriptive rather than quantitative, but here's something that piqued my curiosity:
    Figure 2-2 on page 30 makes it seem as if supercompensation occurs in a very specific time period which depends on the training program and the athlete.

I'd like to know how this works in practice in the following sense: suppose that I'm doing something based on the Texas Method (which I am), and that the peak of the performance vs 1RM curve for me is on Monday at 5pm. How slowly does this curve decay around its maximum? Are we talking hours or days?

This probably matters a lot more for advanced athletes, but what about intermediates?

You are trying to make precise that which is in reality a squishy thing. It varies widely with experience, previous week's work, rest, diet, genetics, and all the other things about your life which control your recovery, and I don't know how you have determined that 5pm on Monday is the magic hour. I suspect that no one has that degree of control over this information.