starting strength gym

Thread: Weightlifting shoes

Default Weightlifting shoes

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi Mark,

I have the Do-win weightlifting shoes bought from the Wichita Falls store (http://store.wfwclub.com/sudowesh.html) and have been training in them for quite some time, I even see a picture in SS where one of the trainees is wearing the pair. I think that they might have too high of a heel, and in SS you are against adding blocks under the heels for squats, yet you advocate wearing weightlifting shoes; should I still use the shoes?

Also, when wearing weightlifting shoes with elevated heel, does the barbell still remain directly above the middle of the foot? I find it to be behind the middle of the foot when wearing them.

Thanks.

The Do-Win shoes you are referring to have a very high heel, true, higher than any other shoes I have seen. You might want to take them to a shoe shop and have about 3/8" planed off and the soles replaced.

The bar should remain directly above the mid-foot, and heel height will only affect this position if you wear those 6" spikes I got you for Christmas last year.

Why should the soles be replaced, or is there no choice? Should they be replaced specifically with a hard rubber sole, like the original soles were?

Thanks.

If they can get them off without tearing them up, they may be reusable. Usually they're not.