starting strength gym

Thread: Nathan Hay's training log

Default Nathan Hay's training log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    BW: 113kg(ish)
    Height: 6'
    Currently running the Texas method but might change to A HLM.
    I want to compete in powerlifting this year so if anyone has any experience of competing in the UK, let me know as I have no idea where to start, I'll probably compete in the BDFPA.

175 x 3 squat - YouTube

So just running the Texas method out. Stopped making progress on fives and have dropped down to threes for intensity day. Hopefully will be able to push my deadlift harder in the upcoming weeks

160 for 5 deadlift - YouTube

Just finished my volume workout.

145kg squat 5x5,
    55kg press 5x5
    80kg power clean 5 sets of 3

Felt good, ate too much too soon before the work out so need to bear that in mind next time. Squats felt a bit off, been having some strange feeling in my knees recently, not pain just a sensation. Press felt great, but my press tends to stall really quickly. Looking forward to videoing this Friday's intensity workout, I'm off work this week so will be able to catch up on sleep and eat more hopefully gain some weight back. Still thinking of competing this year, I'm going to contact Carl Raghavan once I have the funds available, I'm sure he'll be able to help me with my training and then I can look at which fed I want to compete in.