starting strength gym

Thread: Tezca's Training Log

Default Tezca's Training Log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey guys, started SS around mid January but have been extremely inconsistent and therefore "NDTP" with the exception of the last couple weeks. I'm logging training sessions to help keep myself on point.

Initial stats:
    27 - 6'2
    165 lb

Squat - 115
    Deadlift - 135
    Bench - 65
    Press - 65
    PC - 90

As of 3/14

182 lb
    Squat - 210
    Deadlift - 245
    Bench - 125
    Press - 90
    PC - 135

Tuesday 3/14

Squat 210 3x5

Bench 125 3x5

PClean 135 5x3

Chins 7x5x4

Squat felt a little heavy, I had a little trouble getting out of the bottom. I think the bar was too far down my back.

I still think I'm doing something wrong with bench. When I squeeze my upper back together and start benching it hurts where my right scap is.

Power Cleans are getting a lot better than where they started but that's still not saying much.

Welcome to the forum! Good thing you are gaining weight - keep eating! I recommend posting form check videos on all lifts ... get a coach or attend a seminar if you can. Maybe a form tweak will help with the bench pain.

Quote Originally Posted by peez View Post
    Welcome to the forum! Good thing you are gaining weight - keep eating! I recommend posting form check videos on all lifts ... get a coach or attend a seminar if you can. Maybe a form tweak will help with the bench pain.
    Hey thanks man, I appreciate the welcome! I will post videos soon, it's just 24HF is a little weird with filming. I'm meeting up with SSC Adam Franklin in a couple of weeks, pretty stoked. I've had minor scoliosis since I was six, but I've not really let it get in the way of anything. Here's to hoping it won't impede my barbell training.

Thursday 3/16

Squat - 215 3x5

Press - 95 2x5 1x4

Deadlift - 255 1x5

Chin-ups - 8x6x4

Squats getting a little hard but it feels like I'm still progressing. I stalled at 145 a couple months ago because of form, so I tweaked it and broke through that. I think I still have a lot of room to tweak my squat form to progress further.

Almost got the press 3x5 but missed the last rep! So close!

Deadlift felt amazing, this is my favorite lift so far. It makes me feel so strong. I could barely squeeze out 205 for a one rep max mid January, so it's an amazing feeling doing 255x5.

Did 8x6x4 chins today. Not really sure if I'm suppose to do these every session until I get up to the prescribed reps but obviously recovery isn't a problem yet.(using the ss phone app)