starting strength gym

Thread: KSC Powerbuilding clarifications

Default KSC Powerbuilding clarifications

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi Andy,

I know it may take a while to get to this question since you've been gone, but I wanted to get a couple clarifications on some points in the KSC Method.

You mention one of your favorite combinations is deadlift, then low bar box squat sitting way back on the box. Are we talking a below-parallel squat, sit on the box, sit back, then rock forward and drive up? I guess I'm not sure about the box height.

Also, in the diet section you mention if you are losing weight too fast, some calories should be added in. Is this implying that losing weight is possible on this program? If so, is there an appropriate rate to lose weight or is it individually dependent on recovery? I wasn't planning on trying to lose weight on it, but it would be nice to stick with this template when I do decide to shed some fat.

Thanks again for all you do. I've been excited to sink my teeth into this program for a while and I think it's time!

Yes, I really like a low-bar box squat as a follow up to deadlifts, although it can also be done prior to deadlifting. I don't coaching a rocking box squat. Just a regular old box squat to the same depth you'd normally squat to. Watch Rip's recent video he did on the box squat.

You can lose weight on any program. I wouldn't do it on this program unless you have a lot of weight to lose. 1-2 lbs per week is about right. Again, unless you are super heavy then it might be accelerated