starting strength gym

Thread: Hill sprints kill my gains

Default Hill sprints kill my gains

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi Andy,

I am on press focused TM 3 day split and recently added 1 conditioning session per week.

I leave near a pretty steep hill and do 6-7 50m all out efforts the day after intensity day.

My conditioning levels are improved dramatically however I wasn't able to increase any lift since I started. I feel destroyed when I start volume day even after 2 days of complete rest. Moreover, my deadlift has decreased significantly.

I also walk my dogs for 90 minutes spread out daily, which I always did.

Any suggestion ?

Hmmm.....how old are you?

I am reaching 32. My diet is checked too, 250/450/120 - P/C/F for a 240lbs person.

Well, 240 is a lot of ass to move up that 50m steep hill. I'm not saying you shouldn't keep doing them if conditioning is important to you but maybe you need to use a less stress barbell program to see if there is any difference in its effects?

Like this:
    Mon-Upper
    Weds-Squat/Deads
    Fri - Upper
    Sat - Hill Sprints

Fair enough Andy, thanks for your time. I have to say that conditioning is not more important than getting stronger I should have though some level of conditioning. I am one of those unlucky ones that need frequency on the core lifts mostly squats and presses. Did you have any success with an hlm split and this type of conditioning ? What if I move conditioning to intensity day and have 4 days of complete rest ?