starting strength gym

Thread: SS + Crossfit

Default SS + Crossfit

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    In an issue of the CF Journal, coach Burgener laid out a plan for learning the Oly lifts in conjunction with the WOD's, do you have anything similar? My fitness goal is basically to be a better Crossfitter and I want to get the SS lifts dialed in. Thanks for your time. J

It depends on where you perceive that your training should be focused. If you're not strong enough to effectively do the WODs, it makes sense to focus on SS for a while to get better at force production and then go back to CF. If your strength is good now and your primary interest is in CF GPP conditioning, strength work occurs often enough in the WOD that you can just do it like that. Assuming you mean that you need to concentrate on strength for a while, I'd start with straight SS programming, and then add one metcon workout after 3-4 weeks and see how your strength work responds. Probably 2 metcon/3 SS workouts/week is all you can tolerate, and just follow that until strength progress plateaus, at which time you go back to full-time CF. But this will be hard to do without enough calories going in, and strict Zone makes this hard. Good luck.

There's a group of us who are running 6 weeks of SS over at the crossfit forums if you are interested in joining:

http://www.board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=25262

And it'll be more like at least six weeks for many trainees.

CFT on weds was: Squat-295, Press-155, Deadlift-385

My weakest area is squat so I want to clean up my form there especially.

I'm not really stuck on numbers (except with deadlift where I haven't been able to break 400), just want to focus on form, push myself and teach others.

Thanks again. J