starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Check 195

Default Squat Check 195

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi everyone! I was wondering if I could get some feedback on my squat. I posted a couple weeks back and got some great feedback so any more help would be much appreciated. This was also the first time I used squat shoes with a 3/4 inch heel so that made this workout a little bit unusual. Below are the videos I was able to record.

Squat 195 Back - YouTube
    Squat Side 195 - YouTube
    Squat 45 Degree 195 - YouTube

I am worried about my weight being a little bit too far forward and the fact that my knees sometimes still cave in. Also during my first set (the angle from the back) I began feeling a lain in my inner thigh right up near my hip and am not sure what this is from. Also the shoes seem to be helping me get depth but I feel like I'm going too low now but any feedback on anything would be much appreciated! Those were just a few of my observations.

These are decent. You could get your knees forward sooner, by about 1/2 way down, and set them in place until you are 1/2 way back up. Right now, your knees move forward very slowly at first, then you keep pushing them forward all through the descent. The end up in the proper place, but later than they should.

Be careful about arching your back. On a couple reps it looks as if you are trying to drive your hips and chest up, and leave your midback on the ground. Keep your torso tight in natural extension, drive up with your hips ( not chest), and no arching.