starting strength gym

Thread: Archive article: Strength Training, CrossFit, and "Functional" Training

Default Archive article: Strength Training, CrossFit, and "Functional" Training

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

A timely article for me. My mom (72) is currently getting an X-ray on her wrist after she fell while doing some idiotic 'balance' exercise her trainer had her do. Same trainer, upon seeing Sullivan's new book when my mom showed it to her, balked at having to read that much.

Nicely honed argumentation. I wish this were published to PJ or reddit -- I'd like to watch the light bulbs go off and/or hear the attempts at counter-arguments.

You say there are some enlightened CF box owners. It would be interesting to hear how they organize things. Do they encourage people to do WOD's less frequently or at lower than prescribed intensity so as not to derail strength acquisition?

Their programs are based on strength training, with the minimum "metcon" necessary to placate the member.

Feel free to link to the article from Reddit. Let the idiot avalanche begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Brahms View Post
    A timely article for me. My mom (72) is currently getting an X-ray on her wrist after she fell while doing some idiotic 'balance' exercise her trainer had her do. Same trainer, upon seeing Sullivan's new book when my mom showed it to her, balked at having to read that much.
    Yeah, reading is hard. I've had trainers say the same thing to me when I ask if they've read Starting Strength. I shit you not, this is a nearly verbatim quote: "Yeah. I'm not really a reader. I get most of my information from working in the gym."