starting strength gym

Thread: thoughts

Default thoughts

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hey Mark, I think it's great that you devote some time to answering people on here. It's much appreciated!

Question for ya, and I know it's tough without vid of my squat technique. However, I've been having a nagging pain in my groin/hip flexors at the bottom of my squats. I can't pinpoint exactly where it's coming from but it's enough to stop my from squatting.

I decided to lay off the exercise for a couple of weeks.

That said, today I was training with my partner and waiting for him to complete a set I set down on the leg adduction machine just screwing around. There was barely any weight on the stupid machine and I could barely squeeze it together. My training partner, who just started training, could do the entire rack.

It wasn't that there was pain when attempting it. It felt extremely weak. Could there be some serious imbalance going on?

Sounds more like neurological stuff to me, because you would be able to make a contraction of some type even if it were not particularly strong. Might be some esoteric piriformis/obturator stuff occurring. Fing a decent PT, if one is available.