starting strength gym

Thread: Intermediate program

Default Intermediate program

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Mark,

I am in the middle of Practical Programming. I read most of the Intermediate section (as this is where I stand) and have put together a simple program which I was hoping you could look at. One thing that I was unsure of is on page 182-183 about pressing 3 days a week. I am not sure how to add bench pressing in to this routine. Surely a heavy push press would be hindered if a bench PR was hit before it. With this said, here is what I came up with. I have only included the work sets in this layout.

Mon(medium): Squat 5 x 5, Bench/Push Press 6 x 3, Barbell Rows 3 x 5, Leg Press 3 x 5, Chins (bodyweight to failure) x 2, weighted situps,

Wed(light): Front Squats 3 x 3, Press/ Bench 2 x 5, Deadlift 1 x 3-5, hyperextensions 20 x 3, ab twists,

Fri (heavy): Squat 1 x 3, Bench/Push Press 1 x 3, Power Cleans 3 x 3, Dips
    2 x 8-12, Pullups (bodyweight to failure) x 2, weighted situps

I have also taken a liking to the Farmer's walk/hold which I was thinking of adding on Saturdays provided it will not hinder my weight room progress. I have no other experience with strongman, however.

Thank you for looking this over, and I would appreciate any and all criticism here.

Between bodybuilidng mags and complex Westiside templates P.P is finally something I can comprehend as useful

Everything looks fine, except the time wasted on leg presses. If you've got the gas left to do leg presses, I'd suggest something more useful could be done with the energy, like another weird barbell exercise (Jeffersons, maybe learn to snatch, overhead support walks, etc.)