starting strength gym

Thread: Skinny 33 year old to deadlifting 300kg @38

Default Skinny 33 year old to deadlifting 300kg @38

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    This is a blurry me, 33 years old 198 cm, 86 kg bw.

I found Starting Strength 6 days later.

Then, I went to a seminar, got coached by Tom Campitelli and hired Jordan for nutrition and programming.

This is me, 38 years old 198 cm, 119 kg bw, deadlifting 300kg.

I know, this doesn't make me special, but I will say, it is still flat out amazing to me, that Mark's work here is as effective, as it is.

Mark, I hope to buy you a steak some day.

Credit also to Tom Campitelli, who has provided the only hands on coaching, I have ever received. I can't recommend going to his seminars enough.

Most credit of all to Jordan Feigenbaum. I would never have made it far without his expertise.

Should anyone feel the need - my last 5 years of training is chronicled in my log.

Attempting to start strength

Best regards,

Frederik

This is awesome. Very inspiring. I started lifting weights a few years ago, but bounced around programs...let life get in the way...didn't stick to it until now. I did make some small gains, but now I'm in Leah's training group, and hoping to go a long way. My problem though is fatness, not skinnyness. I need to lose about 75lbs of fat. Wish I could afford Jordan, but he's beyond my budget.

Anyway, great job man.

Fuck Jordan. You've got the fat-loss Guru on your side. Leah is the expert.

Great story. Well done with all the hard work and discipline it took to for you to get there. There's hope for me yet! Oh to be 38 again...

That's amazing. I've always been in awe of those really strong guys like you. I'm 50 and just started the program. Never too late!

starting strength coach development program
    This is really inspiring.

I'm 33 and just getting back into lifting after nearly a decade of climbing and not eating much. Bounced around programs for a while, just started SS, not recovering like I did in my early 20s and was just thinking today that I might be to old to gain much muscle or strength. But obviously I'm wrong!