starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift form check 1x5 @ 335

Default Deadlift form check 1x5 @ 335

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Deadlift form check 335x5 - YouTube

Looking for some pointers. I stepped out of my Romaleos deadlifting for the first time and I'd say things felt much better, but still not right. Does my neck look wonky? My back was definitely fatigued from squats, 330 felt like a ton of bricks

The bar is kicking forward a bit before you actually pull it. That means it's not over the mid foot and has to work to get there before you're actually pulling it, which is a waste of energy. Are you doing the 5-step setup as described in SSBBT3? Hard to tell from this angle, but my suspicion is that you're setting up too close to the bar and not getting your shins to the bar.

Try this.

Setup 1 inch from the bar with the toes out 15-20 degrees. Now it's over the mid foot.
    Reach down and put your hands on the bar. Don't move the bar.
    Slowly bring your shins to the bar. Kiss the bar with your shins. Don't move the bar.
    Bring the chest up. Superman chest is a good thing to think. You've now taken the slack outta the bar.
    Drag bar up legs.

This setup should help prevent the bar from going forward before the pull is initiated.