starting strength gym

Thread: Olympic Lifts

Default Olympic Lifts

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Anybody fall into Oly lifts after starting strength?? Due to a groin injury I slowly dropped my weights so got into Oly lifts recently and damn they grow your traps!

Quote Originally Posted by joseadan View Post
    Anybody fall into Oly lifts after starting strength?? Due to a groin injury I slowly dropped my weights so got into Oly lifts recently and damn they grow your traps!
    me

Nice what program are you following, I was trying out Jim Schmitz and was doing okay except the OH squats started killing my rotators

Nice what program are you following, I was trying out Jim Schmitz and was doing okay except the OH squats started killing my rotators
    I'm doing Carni's squat program first and foremost. No weightlifting program in particular. I overhead squat everyday. Snatch mondays cleans wednesdays when I'm at my weightlifting gym. My favorite accessory exercise is the sots press. Press In Snatch (Sots Press) - Exercise Library: Demo Videos, Information & Terminology - Catalyst Athletics Olympic Weightlifting Also overhead squat with a narrow grip. I've also added 0.5 inch inserts to my shoes to increase heel height. Made a world of difference.

Oh okay, yeah the pain with the OH squats discouraged me, what numbers did you start with at the snatch and clean and end up with. Quickly learned its a whole different ball game

Oh okay, yeah the pain with the OH squats discouraged me, what numbers did you start with at the snatch and clean and end up with. Quickly learned its a whole different ball game
    very little, I squat 425 but can barely snatch 160. Front squat 345 but max clean is only 235. it took me almost a year to get there, too. for the first 6 months my coach did not even let me lift, only overhead squat. I had shitty flexibility too. keep working on it. it takes time but it does pay off.

Yeah my flexibility is crap, stiff shoulders. Ill work on my OH squats and sotts pressrs

I do the power versions. Does that count? I got started doing the 'Nebraska' variation of Texas Method from PPST 3rd edition.

I used to do some oly lifting, never was exceptional at it, but I enjoyed it. I still do the power variations as well as front squat in the HLM strength program. I also OH Squat as a warm up before every workout. I'd be interested to see what I can OH squat these days, but it's too much of a pain in the ass racking the bar between sets.

We had an Oly lifter just join my gym. I watched him do 380# C&J for reps on Monday and it was impressive.

starting strength coach development program
    Im a do some linear progression and then doing some HLM rotating excercises, but first is learning techniques of Oly a little better