starting strength gym

Thread: Help with my deadlifts pls

Default Help with my deadlifts pls

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Really getting frustrated with these deadlifts and would like some help I've tried so many different cues but nothing seems to help I'm 18 years old and weigh 265lbs and stand at 5'11" I'm starting to think that my leverages are screwed up because of my weight and that I would need to lose some before I'm able to deadlift with proper form. So like I've said I've tried every cue from watching Mark's deadlift series on YouTube to ordering his book I've done intraabdominal bracing and read plenty of articles on t nation that work in the deadlift realm of things. I've deadlifted 455 two different occasions with a slight round in my lower back and have been deadlifting for a few months my main issue is I can deadlift with no back pain (until recently) but my lower back muscles that run parallel to my spine don't ever get sore I mean that literal and I don't really feel them contracting when I deadlift now. Why I think my weight might be the issue is because I use to weigh 190 when I was 16 squated-410, deadlifted-405, benched-255 so I was plenty strong and would get sore all over no problem even in my lower back so I maybe if you guys could help with my form and coming to a conclusion to why my back doesn't get sore but I can deadlift with no back pain that would be greatly appreciated.
    June 16, 2017 - YouTube

June 16, 2017 - YouTube

Sorry for the shit quality but if more videos are needed I have more.
    Last edited by Dro; 06-16-2017 at 09:04 PM.

Those video's are of you lifting 135...

Yeah my bad I thinking it would be best to have ones with my shirt off

Swkaat

Post a set of 5 dead-stop deadlifts at a somewhat challenging weight, showing your compleate setup (per the sticky at the top of the technique subforum) and we can give you better advice. It's a help me help you kinda thing, ya know?

starting strength coach development program
    Wait, what's your question?